So, you’ve seen a job call and now you have to develop your materials. What’s in a job market dossier? How can you shine on paper? This workshop will address the following:
- How to Read a Job Call: What are they really saying?
- Cover Letter: Tailoring your letter; What not to leave out; Reading up on your prospective department; and Singing your own praises.
- Academic CV: Organize, Prioritize, and Fill the Void.
- Teaching Statement: How to write about teaching (even if you haven’t taught! Ok, this is tough, but…)
- Research Statement: How to talk about your future research plans (even if you don’t know what they are yet!)
- Personal Statement: Let the department know who you are.
- Letters of Recommendation: How to ask and receive letters on time.
20 January at 4:30 in CMB 2.15
A Dozen Sentences That Should Appear in Your Cover Letter